Friday, March 23, 2012

Where It Begins


Tuesday March 20, 2012

This will be short and sweet.

I’m beginning my unrealistic journey of throwing around money like it’s a piece of clay…Determining whether someone is left brained or right brained…Manipulating and persuading innocent people to give me whatever I ask…Devouring all the fish at the table. The unrealistic journey of playing a card game for a living suddenly becomes reality. The card game of choice is No Limit Texas Hold’em. The rules are simple. Know when to fold’em and know when to hold’em.
I will not disclose how long I’ve been playing or my style of play. I will not disclose who I am or my background. You will simply come along my journey and experience the emotional and financial aspects of becoming a professional poker player while maintaining the job title. Some entries will be short. Some will be long. Some you will agree with. Some you will disagree with. As long as I’m physically able to write, there will be an entry every day I play poker for a living. Let’s get to business.

Today I decided to start the first entry despite the fact I have yet to play a single hand. In fact, I will not be playing until about another week. However I feel I must mentally prepare and strategically weigh all my options…Call, Fold, or Raise. To help prepare, I bought this Laptop I’m typing on about 3 hours ago. This purchase will probably be the best investment of my poker career. This Laptop will analyze and calculate countless results, manage my finances, express my feelings, and serve as one of my best friends. After every session of poker, I promise to come home to this Laptop. Perhaps I give this Laptop a name since I have taken it upon myself to capitalize the letter “L” in Laptop. Any suggestions?

Why am I not playing until another week? You never appreciate a windshield wiper motor until it burns out during a storm on the highway. Once I get the new motor arriving in a week installed we’re good to go. Until then, I am creating countless spreadsheets to forecast my hours worked, money made per hour, total cash, and ROI. I may attach a few screenshots or pieces of the spreadsheets throughout my next blogs. You’ll learn what my starting money will be and more aspects of my finances soon.

-King2

No comments:

Post a Comment